During his tenure there he was given responsibility for business development at the tyre business, wherein he identified the opportunity to enter the global market for Off-Highway Tyres
In 2000, he was appointed CEO of the tyre business, a position he held till 2006; during this time, he drove the increase in revenues for the tyre business from $20 million to $125 million, and increased profitability significantly.
In 2006, Mr. Mahansaria and his father got together with Warburg Pincus LLC to establish Alliance Tyre Group, with the acquisition of Alliance Tyre Company, in Israel.
This was followed by the establishment of ATC Tires Pvt. Ltd, to set up greenfield Off-Highway tyre manufacturing plants in India, and subsequently, the Group acquired the Off Highway Tyre distribution assets and brands of GPX International Tire Co of USA in 2009.
In a short span of time, Mr. Mahansaria has been able to build the Group from an idea into one of the world leaders in Off-Highway tyres, with revenues approaching $600 million, team of 5,000 employees and network of over 2,200 customer across 120 countries.
On 1st July 2016, The Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd, Japan, one of the world’s leading tire & rubber group acquired 100% equity of ATG from KKR, the Mahansaria Family & other shareholders.
Presently, in addition to managing his Family Office, he has also incubated new ventures – Mahansaria Tyres Private Limited (MTPL) and SYAM Trelleborg Tires LLP to focus on manufacturing opportunities in tyre and rubber space.
Mr Mahansaria serves as a Director on the Boards of –
- Avendus Capital Pvt Ltd (Leading financial services provider, focusing in areas of financial advisory, capital markets, wealth management and alternative asset management)
- FSN E-Commerce Ventures Pvt Ltd (Operator of online beauty & wellness store, nykaa.com)
Mr. Mahansaria also serves as an Advisor to –
- 321 Education Foundation (Philanthropic organisation, focused on improving the quality of education for children of low-income communities)
- Faering Capital (a leading mid-market focused Private Equity Fund in India)
Mr. Mahansaria is an active member of YPO (Young President’s Association) (Mumbai Chapter)
Mr. Yogesh Mahansaria has been well recognised through numerous awards
- Forbes Next Gen Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing 2014
- Economic Times Top 40 under 40 Business Leader